Rom. 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Down, Set, Hut!!!

Lafayette Christian Academy is changing from flag to tackle football this year. I am an assistant coach for the Varsity and the Head Coach for the J.V. I actually never played football in school, so I am learning just like the boys. We have two assistants that are REALLY helpful, Coach Lessard and Coach Rogers. Coach Rogers played on the offensive line at Grambling University and also played arena football, and had some invitations to try out for NFL teams. Needless to say he knows his stuff. We are thankful for him and Coach Lessard for all their help. We have our first game on Friday, the jamboree, in Plaqemine. We are trying to get ready. The helmets have not all come in. At this point we are just hoping that all of the equipment comes in on time. I think once we make the adjustment to playing tackle we will have a good team. One of our strengths will be the offensive line. Let's go Challengers!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so weird (in a good way) to see them dressed out and tackling!!! what a moment in lca history.
your picture is so neat!!!

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Tandi Loving said...

Get Ready Get Ready... It's time for some football. Josh, I am looking forward to going to some games. I know you will do great with the guys! Keep them encouraged and rough em up a little too now.

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Janie said...

How fun - I used to love going to BB games on Friday nights. I can't wait to watch you coach!

4:15 AM

 
Blogger Pastor Jay said...

I'm not looking forward to watching you coach Josh, however, I will be there Friday night. I sure hope all the helments come in before the game, I would hate to see a kid out there without a helmet making a tackle. ouch!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Janie said...

Hey - Pastor Jay - Why wouldn't you be excited to watch Josh coach? Isn't that why most people go to the games?

8:08 PM

 
Blogger josh said...

I thought that was why they came. To watch me!!!

8:40 AM

 
Blogger my stuff,your stuff,we all got stuff said...

Josh,
hey,bro if you need any help with the asst. coaching or anything with the LCA team,just let me know.as i have 4 year's of letterman helping out as a student coach at another high school...
josh,i should asked you last night,when i saw you.but i forgot.

brandon thigpen

8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home