The Wilderness
Here I go again. Try number three. I'm going to try and keep up with it this time. I really feel God drawing me to a more intimate place with him...the "wilderness". For a long time I have thought that a wilderness experience meant that I felt alone and did not necessarily feel God's presence. I thought of it as hard times. I thought of it as periods in our lives that were full of trials and tribulations. You could understand, then, how I felt a couple of weeks ago while I was in Kansas City at IHOP (International House Of Prayer). I had several prophecies over me which told me that I was about to enter a time of wilderness experience. I was nervous to say the least. It was like I had just prayed for patience. I didn't know what to expect. As the weekend went on, I started to understand exactly what the wilderness really is. I always thought of Jesus going through his temptations in the wilderness. Actually, those things did not define his wilderness experience. Matt 4:1, Mark 1:13, and Luke 4:1 all say that He was "led" into the wilderness. He was led there to separate himself from all of the world's distractions. Of course He did not need this, but he was showing us an example. I am realizing that it is not a bad thing to be drawn to the wilderness. This is a calling to be more intimate with God. Does this mean that, like Jesus we need to not eat or drink for 40 days?? I don't believe so. It is, however, possible that God is calling me to give up some things that are good for His Better. I will try to keep track of what God is speaking to me on this page. "Happy am I to have a hungry heart, and blessed am I to thirst," for "only You can satisfy..." I am truely lovesick for You my Lord.

2 Comments:
I really like the statement of giving up good for God's Better!! I am so proud of you and what God is doing in your life. I feel blessed to be a part of it.
12:12 PM
the pursuit of the holy has a nice section on this subject. i like the word "encounter". i'm almost done with the book. i wish i had it for myself to refer back to, but it's trista's. it's really good. what are you reading since we got back?
12:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home